The ANC project has not developed project-specific software for MASC and OANC data. Our approach is to instead provide the data and annotations in formats compatible with a wide variety of existing applications and frameworks.
- For XML-aware tools and applications, BNC’s XIARA, concordancing software such as MonoConc, and CoNLL IOB format, use the ANCTool to generate the corpora and annotations in the appropriate format. Output in RDF format will be available in early 2013.
- To use MASC/OANC data with POS annotations only in the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), use the ANCTool to generate input for the NLTK Tagged CorpusReader. An NLTK corpus reader for GrAF will be available in early 2013.
- To use MASC/OANC data and annotations in the General Architecture for Text Engineering (GATE) and/or output annotations created in GATE in GrAF format, DOWNLOAD THE ANC/GrAF GATE PLUGINS. Installation and use instructions are available here.
- To use MASC/OANC data and annotations in the Unstructured Information Management Architecture (UIMA), DOWNLOAD THE ANC UIMA UTILITIES. Installation and use instructions are available here.
- To access and manipulate GrAF annotations directly from Java programs, USE THE GrAF API. The GrAF API also provides a renderer that generates input to the open source GraphViz graph visualization application.