Once you have ascertained that your document(s) satisfy the criteria for inclusion in the ANC, do the following:
Grant of license
By contributing my document through the ANC web page, I hereby grant to the American National Corpus project a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reformat, reproduce, and distribute, in electronic form or any and all media hereinafter developed, my submission as part of a collection of American English-language material. I understand that the collection will be made available to others for the purposes of linguistic education, research, and development, including commercial development.
(Note that this license does not assign copyright to the ANC.)
- Log in to the upload page using the username anc and the password donor.
- Complete the user information form; you will be asked to supply infromation about yourself and the document(s) you are contributing, to be included in the ANC as supplementary information. Note that:
- You can contribute your document(s) anonymously, if desired;
- You will be asked for various demographic information (age, sex, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing linguistic studies of American English.
- Fill in the information about publication, if applicable. Please leave these fields blank if the text(s) were not previously published.
- Upload your file(s) by following the instructions given. If uploading several documents, you can place them in a single folder and upload that.